Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stolen Hubcap- Rain- A cold and A 3AM Fire-Drill Yet it was a good four days!

The run here in Iowa started off with a stolen hubcab and the threat of rain. It is ending with actually drizzle and showers all day long. Which tops off a 3:22AM awakening from a nice cold-medicine induced slumber due to a kid pulling the fire-alarm last night, or should I say this morning then running out of the hotel. I'm glad it was a false alarm for many reasons but mostly because we would have had to carry Titus and his wheel chair down five flights of stairs.
My cold wasn't made any better due to the awakening but I will survive.....I just like to do that guy thing and Whine about being sick. Of course if I had been around a bunch of guys and took a bullet in my shoulder or cut my leg off at a job site I would, like all guys, act like it was just a flesh wound. But put us around our wives and give us a cold and bam we are big babies. I get hot tea with honey and a kiss on my head!
I had Mami call the boys who were staying at the RV this morning to just do the 10 AM show without us so we could try and get some catch-up sleep. Seems catching up on sleep has never been easy, nor ever catch-up-able. Or is it the daytime cold medicine making me feel this way?
We arrived in time to catch the act starting. They were doing fine but it was a 10AM Sunday Morning show at a fair during drizzle in rain. In spite of the fact we are indoors we still had a low draw. About 25 people showed up. I joined the last 10 minutes of the show to MC and perform my balloon swallow stunt.
I can honestly say, however, that these past four days haven't been that bad. Sure, there were all those little things that spice up a story...theft, rain, fire-alarms, etc. But there were more good things; Eric's Family, the combine ride, the large audiences (disregarding the 10am weekend shows), the cool things at this fair, and the people in general. If all had gone smoothly I guess there would be little in the way of a story to remember. I would have to say, "ditto" or "nothing to report today", etc.
The girls made new friends as usual. One older woman who is in charge of the Garden club exhibits is a big pig fan like Amelia. So she gave each of the girls a Pig Necklace that she wore when she was a teacher. You know how teachers always seem to wear big necklaces. Amelia never takes hers off.
More on the RV to report. Once side of the panel above the cab seems to have slipped a bit. My guess is water somehow got in and caused some problem in There. I siliconed up every possible water entry and put some long screws in to keep it form slipping further. I also caulked up the panel breach. We will see. I may have a bit of work, further than I expected, when I get back. Always something!
Well, this is an early report for today and if time permits I will give a late report tonight when we reach Des Moines.

No comments: