Friday, September 17, 2010

James Becomes a tree....NCC Day 3

First, Where is Alf? If you were there, where are you?

When I flung open the hotel window drapes this morning the sun greeted me and I knew it was going to be a great day. But when we got to the parking lot we discovered it was only a break in the clouds and it was cold all morning and partly into the afternoon. Southern winds pushed the threat of rain away and the afternoon and evening we fantastic.
We had three packed houses today and three really good shows. That takes us up to 171 shows since we left home in June. Hard to believe the first day of Fall is less than a week away. We won't see home for about one more month.


This is the "Ag Building", our venue at the fair. It is nice to perform inside. Jim is limited in his diabolo routine since he can't shoot it up 100 feet. But the benefits of a solid building around you out weighs that.

Everyone has been having a good time. We did have a personality conflict between two members but it all turned out to be a misunderstanding so all is cool. It is great traveling with Christians as we all have a center to come to when problems arise. Praise God.
Next to our stage is the fruit and veggie entries and the big pumpkin this year weighed in at 525lbs. I'm hugging it below.

I worked some more with Belle today on stage before the first two shows. I don't know what was up with her but she was antsy and wild today. She had a hard time sitting still. I hope she will do better tomorrow. I plan to keep working with her until she is a full fledged performing dog.

Eric and His father Vaughn came out today and were a lot of help with roadie stuff and video taping the show. They are nice guys. Vaughn took our Foy costumes to his house last night and washed them for us. I later found out he ironed them too.
I did five loads of laundry last night. I found a laundromat in a tough part of town and hung out there for a couple of hours after doing the shows yesterday. Then after dropping them off at the hotel I had to run out to do the grocery shopping so we could have food to eat today. I was beat by days end.
I think the busy night and the hotel bed and the rushing around stage all contributed to a minor back spasm today. Thank God my Doc has kept my prescription for muscle relaxers and pain pills going. Lifesaver today!



There is a strolling act called the "tree of life", a stilt walking mas in a giant latex costume. Michael is the man inside. In spite or maybe because of his unusual personality I like him.






Michael Let James give the costume a try. Jim loved it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that our first day here brought a bit of frustration in that someone stole one of my hubcaps on the Ford Van. I have found a replacement on line for just under $50...but to have it stolen just makes me mad! Oh well. Stuff happens I suppose.
Sayako has been such a help while here. She volunteers to help out in so many ways. She has been especially great help to Mami with the kids, cooking, cleaning and Titus. What will we do without her. She will leave to return to Japan on Monday morning. And Eddie. His joining us for the triple volcano fire-blow has been a hit. We will miss his humor and games too. he leaves Monday too.
Well, that is all for now.

No comments: