Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taken from Uncle Eddie's Blog (no pictures)

One of the greatest aspects of traveling around with a family circus is being able to experience the country for all its beauty, good foods, and kind people! From MA, we travelled down to Berea Kentucky where we hooked up with C.C. the circus daughter/sister who ran away from the circus to join a college! It was great seeing her and Kentucky was cool, green, and full of kind-hearted people.



While in Berea, we parked at an RV camp while 1/2 of the family stayed at an inn, we big boys stayed in the RV. We were right across the street from an indoor flea market loaded with tons of nostolgia but alas...you can't have everything...where would you put it!? So I resisted temptation and left things where they lay. Later on at night Miles decided to practice his pyromania by attempting to light wet firewood by the RV. He got it going...for a little while...then it smouldered out. Pity...I bought a bag of smashmellos (as Olivia calls them...)


Miles as Spock in the Search for himself...





After Berea...onwards to Bowling Green.We parked at an RV camp which happened to be attached to an amusement/water park!! A day to play in the sun! I rode the Kentucky rumbler at least 5 times. The Kentucky Rumbler is an old fashioned wooden rollercoaster and it was amazing. I then went on some chair like thingys that looked like paratroopers but when I got on it and was 180 degrees upside down it felt more like I was in a blender. Speaking of blenders...I then thought how fun it would be to go into a centerfuge type space ship thing that actually did make a milkshake out of me. Any faster and my head was going to pop! Onward to the Viking Ship swing type thing. This was the actual Viking ship swing type thing from Michael Jackson's Neverland amusement park which he placed in his front lawn. The park owners must have won it at an auction or something and now they proudly offer the ride here in Kentucky. Victor made a bow and arrow out of bamboo we found nearby and here are the kidlets playing camoflage...




Kidlets trying not to be seen...

Peek-a-boo!





The RV camp was cool and all but the RV only sleeps so many so I opted to sleep in the 15 seater van along with the luggage and Miles the 16 year old young whippersnapper. He slept on the floorboards in the rear of the van and I crunched down on the first long-seat. I don't know what was in my sleeping bag but boy did it have a feast on my feet! I suffered 30 some odd bites, not from mosquitos but from some ravenous arachnid or something. My feet itched for about 4 days straight. I was tempted to saw them both off...Ever since the RV camp my fate has become to occupy the rear of the 15 seater van. The next morning I was awakened not by itchy feet but by a gang of squirrels who thought it would be fun to toss acorns on the tin roof at 4:30 in the morning...or better yet...practice their tap-dancing routine for the upcoming wildlife presentation of 'A Chorus Line'. I think Kent is giving me ample practice for a future life of a homeless magician, forced to live out of a car while traveling around searching for gigs! Well at least I will be well prepared!



Kent cooked up a real Southern man's hungry meal for us prior to going to the mall. Pig jowls, collared greens, blackeyed peas...sounds disgusting but was a real treat...I've never seen him hold a frying pan before...he actually knew where to grab the handle! Well done!







D'ems Pig Jowls...!





While in Kentucky, we were able to stop at my most favorite place in the world...Halloween City! A really cool Kingdom of Halloween goodies, costumes, and other scary paraphernalia. I saw a great Matrix type coat that looked pretty sharp but I regret not buying it now.(sigh)







My kinda place!



Finally, we got to the mall where I found these really weird mannequins...looked awfully like Olivia and Amelia....hmmmmmm





Mannequeens!



Lastly, I am honored...in America they named a breakfast cereal after my namesake! Family Un Plug Ed! Unfortunately, I still feel plugged. Hahahaha!





Honorary Cereal

No comments: