Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rain! Cold! Day 3 NCC

It rained on and off all day and it was cold for most of the day if not all of it. Day 3 at the National Cattle Congress, in spite of the rain, actually went fairly well. All but our first show had good sized crowds. The first show was at 10am (the time the gates opened) and the weather man had reminded everyone that it would rain all day so attendance at the fair was down. The bummer of the day is after a tough evening last night with a minor back spasm, I woke up with a full fledged cold, sneezing, post-nasal drip, sore throat, fatigue, tired, achy. The energy of the stage got me through the shows but I must admit that I drifted in my head and went on auto-pilot a few times during the last show.
Our Christian family friends (Eric, Vaughn, Mary and Mary's mom) came out to support us again. Eric roadied two shows (he had to run off to a band thingy he does the sound and lights for) and his dad (Vaughn) ran our video camera a couple of times. The women came out to catch the show. If you folks are reading this, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your generosity and kindness. You are living the Life! PTL for you. Vaughn, think about the offer.
Because this was the 100th anniversary of the NCC they have been giving birthday cake pieces away at the commercial building. Everyone in our group has figured out the times, place, and finds the opportunity to slip away and get some. Sometimes more than once.
We check out tomorrow and will do three shows before heading to Des Moines. Both Sayako and Uncle Eddie are going back to Japan. We are going to miss both of them. They have been so helpful and fun to have around. We will miss them.
Then it is off on our long drive to NM. But we plan on taking our time getting there.
I ordered a new hubcap for the one that Mysteriously vanished within 24 hours of getting here. I won't say it was stolen, but those suckers are on there pretty good to just fall off. And NO I haven't hit and gutters or curbs or took corners like a 1970's car chase.
Since I am sick and feel like an old lether shoe worn out in the soles and scuffed beyond repair I will hop into bed shortly and sleep! Good night sweet people, may you sleep well!

No comments: