Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Travel Day

We watched Robin William's "RV" last night as a group. It was really nice that everyone got together and watched a flick. We sat on lawn chairs and blankets, bundled up and put the DVD into Miles' computer (used to be mine) but the sound was too soft for all of us to hear. So we put it in my new computer....my dream computer, the very computer I am typing on right now, the one with the awesome built in JBL speakers. The sound was awesome. I love this computer. I did however have to leave the party early and go to bed because we had a big drive today. OK, it's not like the drive we had to NC or the crazy marathon drive from Canada in June. But it was none-the-less a drive. We left BG around 12:30 and took the back highways to avoid running into the rush hour traffic and construction back going on up there. But the back highways are slower than interstates so what was supposed to be a 5 hour drive turned into 7!
As always Miles and Ed played cards and games. James did music related stuff and Nick drove. In the RV it was studying, drawing, playing and taking pictures of the awesome sunset tonight. Sayako is amazed at the wide openness of America. She got to go through two new states for her: Indiana and Illinois.
We are in Illinois tonight at an RV park. There are a lot of bugs here. The vast majority being mosquito's, moths and lady bugs.
Uncle Eddie shipped a few boxes off to Japan today and gave all the little ones all the things he isn't taking back with him. They all have some kind of headlamp or book light or flashlight now.
I have been grumpy today. But I have been grumpy on a good bit of this whole tour. I really need to hire a manager. I also hope James would take a leadership position but we have come to an understanding that he isn't built for that. Instead we are going to have him focus more on the marketing aspect. he easily makes friends and is a great meet and greeter so he will be the one we send off to conventions. He would make a great "face" for the show. This decision came about after many frustrating moments and me yelling at him. I think putting that cat to bed will help me to be less grumpy. I must confess having Titus whine or moan (his means of communication) has also worn on me. I love him but I am high strung and the noises, sometimes constant, wears on me. Like my cockatoo's squawks. In fact, she is doing it right now and I am about to go bonkers. Mami's difficulty in haste...she moves very slowly and deliberately has been tough too. Rushing from place to place or getting ready fast isn't easy for her. And I am impatient. Opposites attract and all that, right?
I have been somewhat drill Sargent this trip. I have reached my nerves end more than once. And more than once I think the prayer of others have kept me from going of my rocker. Still I have lost my temper a lot. Much more than I would have cared for. I have even let a few cuss words loose on the world. I am reminded in Romans how Paul writes we often do the very things we hate. So I am confessing to the world that this Christian man has gotten pridefully angry, frustratingly angry and and have sinned in my pride and frustration. Keep my need for gentleness, patience's and kindness in your prayers please.
I have been too tired to get the video and photos I have been wanting to get. I hope I can do better once we settle in Iowa for a few days. In between Iowa and New Mexico I plan on teaching myself how to fix fiberglass and do some fiberglass body work on the back of the RV.
A magician friend in Iowa has invited us to his house for dinner tomorrow night so we will join him and his family to sup. I wonder if he really knows how many people 12 are......and small army. On that note Mami did a bang up job tonight having dinner ready within a half an hour after arriving at the RV park. Now will everyone be ready for a 7:30 AM wake up?
Onward ho!

No comments: