Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ER Cynthia's Last Day Uncles Eddie and Bill Join Us

Howdy-
I'm cramming two days into one blog so fasten your seat belt.
The photo to the left shows the bed springs of the bed I slept on my first night here in NY....It was like a waterbed in it's motion. It was weird.
Above the bedroom door is a thumb-tacked "exit" sign. No wi-fi. No soap. No shampoo. And on the second day No towels. Still it is quaint. Rustic maybe is a better word.


It'a also for sale.

Here is the cabin wee moved into the second day. Well, I moved into the RV on the fairgrounds the kids (big and small moved into the cabin, plus one other room (see the picture of the bed above....that room) until tomorrow when we loose the extra room. The RV will get crowded.


On the second day there was a talent contest and this little contortionist won. I asked her to do her bit for my audience as well....we ARE a circus.
The second day (the 17th) was also the day Uncles Eddie and Bill finished teaching at a performance camp and joined up with us. Eddie will perform in the show and will leave to go back to Japan next month. Bill will occasionally perform and will act as physical therapist for Titus and tutor the little ones in their school work.



This picture is NOT me. It is Miles. On the 16th Olivia, while playing in the show's trailer slipped on a stage rigging and sliced a gash into the upper part of her foot (graphic photo below). It happened just moments before the show and I had to run her to the hospital....which was less than two minutes away. So I told James and Miles to take over. They did and the compliments about how well they did are still coming. I am so proud. Miles did the fire-eating and he did his first tongue fire transfer.





Here it is....8 stitches. She was more afraid of getting a shot than she was of the cut.
Today (the 18th) she came back on stage wearing an over sized black sock instead of a shoe.


As a quick aside I noticed a couple of old fashioned side show pitch shows. $1.00 buys you a peak. It was quaint and really a neat old fashioned thing.












Our sound man, Chester's, wife posing next to her dream car. We were strolling the grounds when we bumped into them. I promised to send it to her...but alas email out won't work ;email in does.







Cynthia's last time singing "Down to the River" with Jim for this season. She is off to college tomorrow. My cousin, Kris, drove here from Ohio to take Cynthia to Kentucky. What a sweet lady. It was nice to see her and her kids today. My kids had a blast playing together.







Nick snapped this candid shot of Bill, Titus, Mami, Olivia and I today. I think Jim is doing his thing further down stage.
Our first two shows were heavily attended by the geriatric crowd. Few families or kids so the energy we like wasn't there. When we finally got the crowd we like the tractor pull people decided to test there engine revs right behind our stage....vexing! And loud!
I left the stage very stressed and with numbed ears.
I almost didn't get the good reaction crowd I got but for a little loud mouth girl in the front. She made a silly crack after I made a joke that fell flat and the crowd laughed. It loosened them up. He constant heckling of sorts finally got on their nerves too and when I told her I would give her some Ritalin the crowd laughed and stayed on my side.
After the show I bought 8 pizzas for the 16 of us and we feasted on some nice east coast pizza. They can really do pizzas out here. But still no descent donut.









Our stage tech fromt he fair Chester also does a clown routine. he and I had a little falling out.....















































or was it stage?
I won't tell.
Peace to all of you. Love to all of you and God Bless.....until tomorrow.

No comments: