Thursday, August 12, 2010

Newspaper Again...and a rainy show

We made the morning paper again...this time in the special magazine section. Jim is seen shaking hands with a child at Quassy.
It rained today. Not the whole day. And not very hard. About 4 pm large sprinkles found their way from the clouds to Quassy. The management asked us to go on early and we did. We donned shirt sleeves (to protect water damage to the expensive costumes) and stuck to mostly stunts and such that the rain would not damage.

Jim juggling in the rain.


Me pounding a nail in....you know I do it with two nails now.



Fire in the rain....very nice.




Miles and I did a hokey synchronized fire-eating routine.
The man with the outstretched hand is a NY cop and a really funny guy. He came to the earlier shows and stayed in the rain to watch the last show. He had a fake rubber tongue he used to freak people out. You got to love him.
I am writing this on my new i7 computer. It is very nice. Fed-ex missed delivering it yesterday claiming "no one there or business closed" which both are impossible....it's an amusement park...there are tons of people he could've dropped it off with and it was obviously open. So today I had as many of the park staff keeping an eye out for it and I had my kids stationed where they can see the road all day. At around 4pm it came. I ran to the gate to get it.
An early last show means an early departure for us fromt he park. So we went to the mall for Cynthia to do some school shopping. She leaves us in one week.....hear the sadness in my typing. I trust her completely so I am at ease there. She is a godly child and walks with Jesus. But I can't help worry for I know the world. So keep her in your prayers.
We also get two new members within the next 2 weeks. Uncle Eddie joins us in NY and Neice Sayako will join us the following week in CT on our drive to Maine.
We will finish here on Sunday night and start in NY 1pm on Monday. Crazy huh?
We have done 114 shows sicne July 1! But we are in the groove.
Nick is a work horse and is very helpful.




No comments: