Monday, August 23, 2010

Maine...ocean view!


Japanese sweets, a gift from Sayako.

Here is Bill's mini-van looking like it's ready to pull our trailer. Actually it's just space holding for my van (in the background) since I had to detach to pick up Sayako at the airport..



Mami's attempt at photography....said she was trying to take a picture of a pretty house.



I picked up Mami's Niece from the Airport in CT this morning at 12:30 and got to bed around 1:30-2AM....up with the sun we ate and started our drive to Maine. Except for the constant wind and rain the trip was uneventful. Sayako is amazed at how wide open and green America can be.




The weather and frequent bathroom breaks turned our 4 hour drive into nearly 6 hours.




Once at the Fair in Union, ME we pulled in next to the Flying Wallenda's and set to setting up a tent for the animals as Mami made dinner. Well, Actually Miles made grilled cheese sandwiches and Quesadias. We split up leaving three of us at the fair and the rest drove down to the seaport of Rockland to stay at a hotel.

That brings us to now.

I did leave out that we had a wonderful reunion with Tino, Alex, Trevor, and JP of the Wallendas. We also introduced them to Mami, Titus and the gang that are new since last year. After their set up and our parking we spent some fun time chatting and joking.

Well....that was today....the hotel overlooks the port and off int he distance is a lighthouse. Nice.
Added:
Just came in from a walk along Main street hoping to find an open donut shop....no luck, it had just closed (10 minutes early) so I was out of luck. I realized as I walked that I didn't eat dinner in spite of my writing all about it a few minutes ago. So I strolled and enjoyed the comfortable night air, the ocean scent, and short puffs of Captain Black.
I also remembered that United Airlines had lost Sayako's bag in Chicago and they promised to send it to us today at the hotel....nothing as of yet. We will call them tomorrow.
Maine, sure is purty!

No comments: