Thursday, August 5, 2010

Giant Morning T storms! Cousins in the Eve!

Our hotel is pretty well insulated because we slept through a major thunderstorm this morning. Everyone was amazed that we didn't here it.
I got an email from our "boss" at the park with a note saying it was going to be a blistery day. As a result we left Mami and Titus at the hotel. Mami took the opportunity to do laundry and Titus watched sports and they both walked the halls (we brought a special walker for Titus).
When I walked out the front door of the hotel the humidity gripped me. But I had a feeling it wasn't going to rain, anymore, today.
The park was light on attendance so the audiences were small. Still they were REALLY good audiences.
Our stage is at the bottom of the park near the lake. The park is basically built onto a sloping hill down to the lake. As a result our stage is in line or in the middle of the river created by the accumulating water of a thunderstorm. As a result a few props that we placed on the ground in our tent next to the stage go soaked. One item was a battery charger we use for a few props. I took it apart and it was water logged. So I laid it open under the air conditioner and after a few hours it was dried out. I tried it out and it worked.
Belle went into the groomers today and once again looks like a little lady. The groomer put pink clips in her hair and painted her nails pink. Our scruffy dog was once again a lady!
We had the special treat of my cousin Patricia and her kids came out to visit us at the park and down here at the hotel. They are a hoot.
I will post more tomorrow.

No comments: