Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rain

So far on his tour every day that we packed up it rained. It did so last night and it kept doing it all day today. Nothing like walking across an ag fair's dirt roads where one week of animals have trotted. The soup of poo and dirt and rain made for a perfect representation of what it must have been like in olden days. I stuck to the grassy areas as much as I could when I made my way to the ag showers last night. And again this morning when it was morning constitutional time.
We were on the road by 10:30 but that was after maneuvering around a myriad of ag vehicles, RVs, trailers, etc.
The locals taught us an easier route to our destination. On the way in my navigator sent me right over the Catskills with a 10% grade around every turn. It was beautiful, albeit slow. The way out was very gentle and much quicker. And it was pretty but not as pretty as the drive in...and oh, yeah...it was raining.
Our convoy is now three vehicles since Bill and Eddie have joined us. Bill's jalopy, or as he calls it, his miracle car, has joined the group.
We ran into a ton of traffic on Hwy 17 and there were a lot of impatient folks who choose to drive on the shoulder and merge in further down irritating everyone. Finally I used my RV as a block and irritated them. I think the other respectful drivers may have applauded.
I tell you, we could tell when we were back in CT. The drivers out here are third world in skill and speed. They are insane and really ignore any traffic law. I have yet to see a CT car pulled over by the troopers. They go after the truckers. Saw that a lot of that. Saw a few accidents today too. One word of advice....Prius' aren't pretty after a crash...don't buy one.
Today Mami got a dream answered. We found a sanitation dump point at a rest stop in CT and finally got rid of the Black water. I bought a special rinsing devise a while back and got to use it to "spray out" the black water tank. The chemicals have kept things smelling fine but psychologically having a half full black water tank for nearly a month plays on you. I felt so fresh afterwards.
We stopped in Waterbury CT to take care of business (banking and shopping) since we know the town. While the others hung out at the mall Bill and I ran across town to get all the things on the honey do list.
We grabbed pizza from Ninos (our second favorite pizza place) and got to Hartford by 5pm. We are near the airport and are awaiting Sayako's arrival. She is Mami's niece who will join the clan for a month.
Right now we are all sopping wet and trying to dry off. It's cold too.
Cynthia emailed me and is doing well. She is loving everything so far....it's been one day. I am sure she will continue loving it. She is a great girl with a solid Godly foundation.

No comments: