Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Appalachian Mountians
























































We just drove nearly the entire length of the Appalachian Mountains over the past two days. Now I didn't confirm this with a map but it sure felt like we did. Overdrive is a good thing.










We haven't seen any hillbillies and the entire drive had only clean stops and kind people. I was hoping for a cool miner, bootlegger, or hillbilly.










The kids in both cars were champs. The drive was only 6.5 hours but for some reason it seemed so much longer. Leaving late (10AM) makes a difference. Makes the day seem longer. But when we leave really early we seem to cover more miles and time flies. Go figure. It's all in my head but that's where I live ...along with a number of voices.










I have been short tempered all day. I think the drive and the "service light" have been eating on me. Happily after only using expensive high octane gas fro two days and lots of prayer the light finally went out...or did the diode burn out? It going out made me feel better but the tired long schedule is still making me less than the nicest father, husband or boss. I need to hire someone to do the business end so all I have to do is the performance parts.










Bill moving on has put more pressure on Mami. She has to teach the kids, take care of Titus and other duties. Bill was so helpful with teaching the kids and helping with Titus, most especially helping with Titus. Oh well.










After checking into the hotel we went over to Jim, Cynthia, and Miles' Kindergarten teacher's house. They moved here a long time ago and we haven't seen them since. I saw their niece in Bermuda back in 99.










It was so wonderful and they served such a great meal. Their grand kids live with them and they are Amelia and Olivia's ages so the girls had a blast. They even played dress up.










Tomorrow our show doesn't start until 6:30 so we are taking a half day off. did someone say pool?

No comments: