Sunday, July 11, 2010

Arrival in Bowling Green....being treated like Royalty

We were awakened last night a number of times as the car alarm from one of the "tractor pull" folks kept going off. The last time was at the point where we were just under six hours of sleep....we went to bed after 2AM. That time it woke up Titus and left him a bad sort. Turned out to be a blessing because as I lay there trying to go back to sleep as Mami tried to keep Titus calm I remembered the animals were all in our van and sunrise was sometime ago. Though it was no longer heat wave weather it was still summer and a van can heat up quick. The thought of loosing one of my bunnies or doves drove me out of bed to go check on them. Good thing too. There was no shade where we were parked. So I moved the RV next to the van to buy some time. Then I woke up those who the alarm didn't wake and got everyone going for the drive to Bowling Green.
The morning duties included sweeping and cleaning out the van and RV, gassing up, dumping the black and gray water, and getting b-fast. Then it was the road.
The last few hundred miles I've drove I've noticed a wobble in my front end. (The RV not my body!) I know that feeling....I'v got a tire or two that is unbalanced...so that will need to be done. It's just uncomfortable to drive. But drive I did and Cynthia pulled the trailer filled with the show.
It only took 2.5 hours to get to BG but we cross a time zone so we got one hour back. Once here we drove into Beech Bend and set the RV up at a site then moved the show to our stage. We are in the same structure as last year but with raked bleachers instead of benches....we set things up like a theater in the round with a very circus feel. Shows start tomorrow. The kids will do some strolling at the front gate.
We left many great friends behind in London. All the fair board members have become good friends who we joke with and share lots of good times. We love those folks. So Cheers to Doug, Mark, Kim, Robert, Jimmy, Steve, Johnny, Tony, and their families, and so many others I am too tired and dim witted to remember right now. I bid you all well and I thank you for blessing us last week.
I did take one souvenir from London. I have a strange bug bite on my inner ankle. It has left a sensitive strange uneven shaped rash. I hope it goes away soon or I get to visit a doctor.
Olivia's fever is gone, thanks for the prayers.
Once we set up the stage area we left Jim and Belle at the RV in the parks camping area and the rest of us went to find our hotel. Wow, what a place. We have a three room suite with a full kitchen and a living room. The place is fairly posh and very nice.
First thing we did after getting here is head out for eats. There is a nice family restaurant out here called Bob Evans. We ate our fill and then some. Can you believe nine people ate until they were near popping for less than $65?
In fact all prices out here are wonderful. A gallon of milk...$2.39; a gallon of gas between $2.59-$2.73...just about everything is cheaper than the rest of the country.
After dinner Miles volunteered for laundry duty. He emptied the cashier's quarter drawer and is on load number 6 or 7 as I type these words. What a good kid...not a complaint out of his lips.
Talking about complaints, for the first time in our history, the front desk had to call us and tell us the kids were to loud....they were so excited about the accommodations that they were running from room to room. Our suite takes up almost half a complete floor (or at least half of one side of one floor). Embarrassing!
Mami is in heaven. She loves this place. She even expressed her pleasure of all the comforts and conveniences BG has to offer. The people here are nice too.
Usually when we arrive in a town the first night our RV is with us at the hotel so we don't have far to go if we forgot anything. But tonight, wow, we forgot a lot of stuff. So I had to drive across town back to the park to get the forgotten stuff. Did I mention it's raining. A thunderstorm is in the process of passing through.
On a separate not, I have to mention the wonderfulness (if I may coin a word) to see friends from last year and the year before. So many of them stopped by our stage area as we set up to say howdy. James made the most friends of all of us and was so delighted to see them.
Well, outside that my software for video editing was waiting for us in the mail at Beechbend and so was a new costume for Olivia. The software will no allow me to get the Canada and London videoblog taken care of.
Talk again soon. God bless.

No comments: