Thursday, July 15, 2010

Updates on day 4 of Beech Bend Park

Today was a beautiful day. We had good sized crowds at every show and we had a lot of fun performing. We brought in some things we haven 't done in a while like walking on broken glass and Jim brought "laying down while balancing a wheel barrow" back, and Miles is now doing a multiple candle extinguish with his whip.
I had a back spasm early in the day...right after arriving at the park to be exact. ALl I did was bend over to look in the van. Since it was pretty bad I had to use meds provided by my doc back in Cali for just such an occasion. As a result most of the day was a fog. Initially I was going to sit out the first show but I couldn't resist the large crowd building and did the show. During the show the Adrenalin made my back hardly anything to think about. But when it wore off I was down hard. I napped in the air conditioned van for a while.
Meanwhile Jim and Miles hit the strolling route as stilt walker and pink gorilla or Super Penguin or giant skunk.
Prior to the shows but after my spasm I had to run around town a pick up bricks to break on Mile's Belly for the bed of nails, a few boxes for our spear box illusion, and a candle opera for Miles. (Found that at a thrift store.) I tipped the young man who loaded the bricks.

Mami juggled in the last show and did very well...though she is still nervous.
The local paper did a story about us today. I copy and pasted the story and gave the link in the previous posting.
Below is the picture form yesterday's London Newspaper with Olivia Kissing Harry Hare Jr.

We all worked pretty hard to day and I imagine everyone will crash soon. Right now we are enjoying Mami's Goulash (which is my mom's old recipe)...a family favorite. Nice to have her here.
To help me sleep with this bad back I made friends with a bottle of Knob Creek. I shall rest well.
God Bless all. may you sleep well too.

No comments: