Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away!

Well, it rained today! Pretty much most of the day. On the way into the park we saw the truck to the left here and we though either the doors were open or the doors were glass. Even up close it looked that good for a picture. Yup, a picture. Gave us a few minutes of fun.

In spite of the rain the park had fairly good turn out. People ignored the water falling from the heavens. Except those few times it opened up and flowed like Noah's times. We benefited a bit from that when it pour and thundered right before our show forcing people into our shelter . But even after it stopped they ALL stayed and watched the show....it was over 200 people.

This little guy on the left here bounced off my face and landed on my table. It's a baby grass hopper or similar type bug. I pulled out my telephoto lens and got this great shot.

I noticed a lot of these guys around the stage area today. Doesn't help that we are mostly surrounded by grass.

The park has had some set backs this year that has kept their water park expansion from opening at the beginning of the season...a flood that knocked out a few buildings in their camp ground area and washed a bunch of the building supplies away was the biggest. And then their is Frankfort, the government center of KY. They, like every state, can slow down any project. But rumor has it....and this is unconfirmed....pretty much my own guess. It may open as early as tomorrow.

We like to try new foods when we see them while on tour. Today we tried some extra sharp white cheddar cheese that Mami said reminded her of the cheese in Japan. And there were some Jalapeno Sausages and the wieners pictured to the left. Mami is scowling at the "fakeness" and unhealthiness such phony looking hot dogs must have. I liked them. In fact, I 've liked most everything we've tried so far....except the Ketchup flavored potato chips in Canada.


Did I mention is rained? Here is a picture of that rain during the lighter showers. That pond there has formed out in front of our stage shelter entrance.
The little ones have made friends with a group of kids that I have affectionately called "the stalkers". They have come to almost, if not, every show. They know my lines and correct me when I mis-state one of the kids' ages. They are season ticket holders and come out everyday. A couple have become facebook friends.
Here they are...the Stalkers and my kids. They have had a lot of fun with each other.






This little guy was too far away to see clearly with the naked eye. And getting close meant him flying off. So out came the telephoto lens and here he is on film.....what is it??????



On the "who cares" files. I picked up new shoes for the show. Seemed the old ones were wearing a away. #50 shows a year and they were 2 years old...they were due. The Mall wear I found them here in BG is big. I was excited to see so many mixed race couples at the mall, and everywhere else for that matter. The combinaCheck Spellingtions have been endless. And nobody has given Mami a second look, being Asian, like she got up in Montana, Canada and London. We both really like this town.
The rain did die down and the sun popped out a couple of times. But more is expected. That's summer in the south!

No comments: