Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chip Chip Cheerio, y'all we are in London...Kentucky

The friendliest state all around has always been Kentucky and we arrived there this morning at 2am. Slept until 10:30 and got up to a quickly warming day. It would hit 103 with 73% humidity.
The day started OK until I started the RV ...it started but it couldn't hold an idle. I was sad. After having the worry of a potentially problem on the drive in with the "engine" light coming on (That turned out to be nothing. ) I was a little sensitive to "something" happening to the RV...it is a used vehicle. I figured I could drive it over to the fairgrounds then find out from someone where there is a good mechanic. Doug, the manager, told me there is one man in town who is known as the "mechanic-nazi" (ala the soup nazi of Seinfield days) ...he is a grumpy guy but the best in his business.
I drove the RV keeping my right foot constantly on the gas to keep an artificial "idle" going as my left foot worked the break. Funny thing though when I got to the fair and took my foot off the gas it idled fine. I called a friend from my home church in Cali, Ken (he is a mechanic and owns a shop), and described what happened. He gave me some ideas and things to check. I picked up what I needed from the store and will dig in tomorrow. Through-out the day I cold started the RV and it seems fine.
Then later that day the power to the RV (no the engine but the living area) died, like a fuse blowing. But we couldn't find a fuse box and the 50Amp-20amp plug adapter had melted to each other. Frustration with the RV was the note of the day....the heat and humidity wasn't helping. In a moment of inspiration (whisper or breath of God) I checked the one place I didn't check and on the side of mu bed in the Rv was a panel....in it was the fuse box and one fuse switch was off. Woo hoo!
Still it took a lot out of me and I am pooped.
The boys are tired too. In that heat and humidity Miles and Nick had to unload and set up the show. (I will post pics tomorrow.) Both are as pooped or more so than me. Since James is nursing his injury from SoCal he is not allowed to load and set up.
It was nice to have Mami's cooking, but I must confess I ate very little due to my worrying. In spite of everything working out fine. I finally had her wonderful grilled chicken, rice and cheese sauce about 20 minutes before the last show.
Our shows are a 6:30, 8 and 10:30PM daily.
The girls and victor chased and caught butterflies today as well as made friends with vendor kids and fair directors' kids.
Titus spent most the day out of the sun and went for a few walks around the fair. He was mesmerized by the lights and sounds.
Belle has become a regular member of the family and even comes out for bows with the family. We used Bobbi and cockatoo today. She always goes over big.
I apologize about my typos but I won't be spell checking or proofreading this...as I said I am pooped.
Mami was very happy to find the prices out here are so much cheaper than home or other places we have visited. Check Spelling
We are on eastern time this week and that is making us even more tired than usual.
Until tomorrow.
Cheers.

No comments: