Friday, July 23, 2010

Three Days to Go the Ohio! Nick Goes Crazy!

The forecast called for today to be very hot with a real feel index at 105. I don't think it got that hot. It was hot and humid but the humidity was much lower than yesterday and so it wasn't really that bad. Grant it at the 3pm show I was moist with sweat through and through it wasn't as bad as yesterday.

Since the new lazy river and wave pool open our earliest show crowds have been light. We usually average 150 per show but that has been down a bit for the first show each day as everyone is in the pool. By the second show each day the numbers are back to normal. Our third show started off really small but swelled to average size by show's end.

We introduced a new trick today. It is in fact an old trick that the father of modern magic, Robert Houdin, invented 150 years ago...but new to us. I have a tea kettle that will pour whatever drink called for. Then I have a surprise ending. What I mean is each kid comes up and asks me for a drink, each a different drink; Victor asked for Grape juice, Olivia , strawberry, and Amelia had tea. Then Cynthia asked for plain water. When they ask me how I can pour four different drinks from the kettle I open the kettle and pull out a skunk and explain it is because I use "magic Skunk juice". The four kids then spray-spit out the water in shock. It got a good laugh and gave me a new way to introduce the skunk to do the demo for the spring skunk sales. Oh, by the way, the skunk is dry.

Miles performed his Firewhip today. He does it every day in the third show. I realized we never had good shots of it so here they are.




Cool! or Hot!





Nick is a great guy. He never complains. He works hard. And from time to time he gets his own group or individual fan(s) who adore him. But I think all the heat has driven him mad.......







See...and he seems to be enjoying himself.
Actually Miles was teaching him how to escape. Tomorrow Miles hangs over the lake and escapes upside down. We will shoot it and film it.




""Look Daddy", Olivia yells when she saw the camera in my hand. This is what I had to see and ordered to take a picture of.





Victor had a haricot today. We forgot to take the picture earlier when it was fresh...this is after the last show....he wears a hat in the show.
This is a Wal-mart haircut. They actually have a hair place in the Wal-mart here.




Mami and Titus stayed at the hotel today in anticipation of a hot day that only minimally manifested itself. We will all be together at the park tomorrow as we prep for loading up after the last show on Sunday.
We take off for the 4.5 hour drive Monday morning to Ohio.

No comments: