Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kentucky Day 2

I promised more photos and so I present to you a quick photo essay before going into details of the day.
Yes, I have finally passed through Normal. It was alright but I prefer abnormal.
Tonight was Miss Laurel County a the fair and I noticed this set of Siamese Twins...or maybe a child that was never fully born but grew out of her mother's belly. They had me take a picture with their camera too.

OK,Victor JR and the Girls hang with Perky and his friends.


Our stage...daytime
Nighttime.

Jim hagin' backstage.
Looks like a Canadian Soldier but it is too green......it was over 2 inches long.
Now, today was laundry day. I do the laundry...I am sure Mami appreciates it. First, since out hotel has no laundry room I had to search one out. Then I had to find it. We did, in a slightly run down part of town sits BJ Laundry. The machines were modern but costly...the first costly thing we've found in KY. KY has generally been cheaper than everywhere else in this country.
Nick had his bundle to do so we skipped the Waffle House (that's where everyone went this morning for b-fast) and headed out. I should mention that we eat out for Bfast since we sleep late. Each night we get in after midnight and get to bed after one. Our shows start at 6:30 and end at around 11:30.
While the kids and Mami spent leisure time at the hotel Nick and I toiled. We also had to replace our 15-30amp adapter...the last one melted and blew a fuse in the RV. Got a heavy duty one this time. We also did some general shopping for the day...like three gallons of "sweet tea", a must for a humid day. It was gone before the second show was over.
When leaving the fairgrounds after taking care of the wire problem and feeding the animals we ran into a hillbilly road rage dude. I pulled out onto the two lane narrow highway that runs in front of the fairgrounds. Looking down the road there was a black car with a dog hanging it's head out the window about 150 yards down the road when I pulled out. As I did he accelerated then started weaving hard on my tail and tail gating. I stomped on my breaks to let him know to back off. He just persisted so I pulled off to let him by. Instead he pulled over by us and let a torrent of f-bombs flow as the shirtless mid twenties hillbilly lied and said I cut him off and he had no breaks, and a number of other f-bomb laced accusations. I began to step out of my car...I was tired and the stress of the RV idle problem the day before and the plug meltdown, and the whole family traveling together, and the heat wave was playing on my nerves. For nearly a whole second I wanted to fight. The other driver seemed to want one too and he stepped out of his car. Damned rationale stepped into my head and I realized this was a bad idea. I wasn't afraid of getting hurt ( I was pumped up) but I knew it would reflect bad on me in so many ways, so I put my hands up and and told him, "Hey, I was just trying to apologize until you started cussing me out." He claimed he didn't cuss me out and as I explained he had by using the f-bomb so often he just jumped into his car and drove off. Oh, I won't say we had any weapons in the car, I will say I had an 18 year old brawny kid with me, but that's all I will say.
Let's just say I wasn't worried about my own well fare...didn't have to. But, by the grace of God I was able to maintain self-control and there is one hill billy still around the hills of London.
The adrenalin rush was just what I needed. The stress of the past week was gone. So after finishing up the laundry I came back to the hotel and took the little ones into the pool. Victor has mastered the flippy! That's when you run up to the edge of the pool and flip into the water head-long. Olivia is working on it. Amelia doesn't like to get her face wet so it's all kick board all the time.
We did a ton of new stuff today. Mami juggled. We did the Impaled illusion. We did the Foy routine. Titus joined us in the Foy routine. Miles slipped on the ramp the takes Titus up and missed his blocking cue but met the singing cue from off stage. James, though still in pain from the Wheel Barrow incident in SoCal put the wheel barrow back in today. Pray for his complete healing please.
Tonight at the fair was truck tugging night. That is tug-a-war with pick-up trucks. I video taped it so you will see it on next week's video blog. It was very interesting and it drew a good crowd. I even brought Mami over to see it. She found it very strange but fun to watch. I haven't seen something so strange since the combine destruction derby in Idaho a few years back.
Once again excuse the typos and grammer....not going to proof read it. So welcome to my mind. Cheers and God Bless.
Please keep us in your prayers and let us know if we can pray for you. Also please keep ncle Eddie in your prayers as he is not having fun teaching at the camp. We look forward to him joining the show in a month.





No comments: