Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Miles and more

Cynthia made this cheese cake that resembles Spaghetti for Miles.
Buttercup is preparing to shed so he is soaking in his water bowl.
.
Where is Alf?

Olivia catching rain.
While it rains we perform.
Mami juggling a sptula, a pluner and a baby.

Rachel and Olivia.
James displays sauce art as Morgan stares off at Olivia.

Miles preparing his Birthday feast.


The cakes.
Today Miles turned 16 and like every year we celebrated it on the road. It was a lot of fun.



Before I write more on that here is the rest of the day. The day started off overcast but warm. very war...actually....down right hot. We got to the park and as the kids got in costume for the gate strolling Nick started prepping the stage. I went down to the gate for some video footage for our video blog. There were a lot of people out there today.

Because of my back spasm yesterday I had to walk with a cane for most of the day. The pain was bad enough to make me queasy so I laid down in the van with the air conditioning going. While sleeping the kids got together and decided that they would do the first show without me and set up a schedule to do that. So when I awoke I was presented with the idea and it sounded good to me. I've got good kids. Still, the trouper spirit kicked in and I dressed and ended up MC ing anyways. The show went well.
In the middle of our second show the clouds opened up and it poured. That caused our audience numbers to nearly double and our show went over really well...the more audience there is the better or show is.


Just before the second show our realtor, who is searching for a home in BG for us, met with Mami and I. Lana is a very kind woman with just our type of humor.

The day went quickly. Before we knew it we were at Smokey Bones eating burgers and ribs and being loud and silly. Jim amazed the wait staff by balancing tables and chairs on his face. Morgan and Rachel from the park joined us. We all went back to the hotel to enjoy cheesecake and sing birthday wishes to Miles. All in all it was an awesome day. And by the way, though still sore, my back is feeling better.

No comments: