Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Clarksville Day 2 WOW


So a guy can't even get a nap in without the short ones attacking. if I look tired, wiped out, zoned, tired, and beat it is only because I was. This was between shows 1 and 2. In the middle of show 1 it started to rain. In spite of it about 25 people stayed so we performed. The big kids went into act covering props with tarps, speakers with bags, etc.
as I remained on stage pushing each act out and doing our thang! I tossed my top hat into my cart and any prop, costume or trick that might get damaged was likewise tossed into the cart. The cart is a utility cart I keep my hand props for the show on stage.
The rain lasted about 20 minutes and so the last 5 minutes of the show was without rain, but not dry. The picture I took of the stage shows you that. I also took a picture of some clouds rolling in earlier in the day.
Yay, tomorrow is supposed to be partly sunny....uh-oh...in the 90s. Ouch that is going to be hot.
And tomorrow a national photo journalist is coming here from LA to shoot our family for a couple of days. She will then market the shoot and story to magazines across the country. Might be fun. I am looking forward to it. So it is good it won't be raining tomorrow, though that would show us being troupers.
The picture of the couple is the Italian Ice folks. He gives me a token for each show. One kid from each show is given that token by me as a prize. It's a promotion the Ice man came up with. Since then the snow cone folks,and the novelty guy have made the same deal with me. In exchange the kids get free Italian ice, snow cones and toys.















The picture of the man in the crazy get up is our neighbor the novelty guy. He is a hoot!

No comments: