Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2 at the Lawrenceburg Fair


It was laundry day so Nick, Midori, and I drove across town (two blocks) to the laundromat. It was closed. My navigator on my phone told me the town over had one so off we went. Only a 20 minute drive. While driving out there we saw that we were on the Bourbon trail and the Wild Turkey Distillery was right in between the two towns. So 13 loads latter (really) and a Dairy Queen lunch we made our way back and decided to check out their visitor's center at Wild Turkey. We had no time for the hour tour so we hitched onto the tail end of a tour group that was coming back from the distillery. It was the tasting room part. No, we did not partake since Nick is too young and I was driving. We did get to hear some Q and A and learned a lot about bourbon. There are very strict rules if you want to call your product bourbon.
Well, back at the hotel we loaded the laundry into the rooms then loaded the family into the van for the 1/4 mile drive to the fairgrounds.

The cloud cover kept the day from getting crazy hot and so that made for a better situation for us since we have to costume up and perform.

Nick had dropped by the grounds earlier this morning to get practice time in on the trapeze. That was before our laundry road trip.

Lukas was ordered to stay at the hotel since the humidity isn't good for his poison ivy rash. He is doing well, in spite of all the places the rash has spread. You know i joked that out of all of us, him, the card carrying Indian (Native American) would be the only one to get poison ivy...so much for being one with nature....or maybe this is being one with nature.

Both shows went well and we had nice sized crowds. Not bad for a Tuesday in deed.

Off stage the kids goofed around with a fur outfit that was given to us by a vendor named Elmo back in Clarksville, TN. They also worked on acrobatics, the lyra, etc. Victor and the girls created a game with the nuts, bolts, and screws from my screw bag.

In the picture of Olivia here you can see her demonstrating her flexabilty.

Only other news I can think of is I tried wearing under armor under my costume today (tight fitting t shirt made of a lycra like substance) It pulls the sweat away from your body and keeps you looking neat. It was an odd feeling but it actually kept me cooler. However, once I took it off I got the chills and my skin felt funny, and I felt nauseous...related???? I will try it once more, but my skin might not enjoy being bundled into lycra.







No comments: