Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Murphy's law II And stuff

Welcome to Ohio. Little did we realize how hot it would be today. In your mind when the forecast says upper 90s you can imagine and recall the feel of the heat and humidity but until you experience it again it just doesn't sink in. It sank in. I am pretty sure we hit 100 degrees and 40 % humidity in various places around Toledo today. In spite of that the kids still went out and worked out on the trapeze and the lyra, the tight rope and juggling. And oh, yes, the small unicycle came so all three of the little ones can learn it.
But today had some hidden treasures in it that was kind of fun for me and kind of not. I love repairing things and diagnosing problems and tracing down the source of those problems. Well, While I was out taking Cynthia, Midori, and Bear Paw (AKA Lukas) around shopping and what not we got a call from Mami and Kousin Kris that the Air con at the house was dead. I won't bore you with the details but by 7pmish with the help of a heating and air guy we figured out that the main circuit breaker for the condenser had melted and died. Not good. Lucky for no fire. The breaker was stressed because the cottonwood trees in the area had clogged the condenser really bad. Since I am from Swamp cooler country I found learning about the air con workings to be very fascinating.
On top of that last night mid way through everyone's shower (remember there are 16 of us under one roof (and RV) ) the anti-siphon thingy on their shower started spraying water all over the bathroom.....baths for everyone else. Kousin Kris went to the store and got the part, I installed it. Funny thing was when she handed me the shower head (the type on a hose) I didn't notice it was aimed at my belly so when I turned it on Kris screamed I got drenched but it was fixed.
In another funny story (JC you will love this) when we were in a store we noticed a brand of beer made in our home county. Also with us in that beer aisle was an older man who looked like the stocker for the beer. So I said in a loud voice top the others, "Hey, look it's ******(I won't say the name because they aren't sponsors) beer. Did you know that they are the only beer that can do this?" I then touched each cap of ******beer and it squeaked (a little magic). We then walked away but held up and peaked back to watch and sure enough the old man started pushing the caps on each bottle. Oh, did we have a good laugh...wish we would have video taped it.
Jim went over to Kris' church today to work on their piano for a scholarship he is working on and missed the shopping fun.


Cousins hanging out.

















Mami juggles, Jim does too. Wesley (cousin) and Brandon (cousin) learn new skills with Nick's hlep.

No comments: