Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mami's Report (Sat & Sun)

Yesterday I spent all day with Titus at the hotel due to the hot weather. In case you are wondering what I do in those days, I give you the run down of
the day.
I start a load of wash.( Before I leave the room, I situate Titus in the position that he won't flip backwards in his wheelchair by himself when I am absent.)
I start organizing the hotel room so it is easier for the housekeeping staff to vacuum. I change TItus' diaper.(If he has a soiled diaper, I bring it to the front desk to ask
them to dispose outside.) Run back to the room. Get ice bucket to get ice from the third floor.( We are on the 2nd.) Organize the ice chest to keep Titus' food cold.
go to the laundry room to move stuff to the dryer. Start another load of wash.( By the way, laundrey room is on the 1st floor.) Run back to the room. Find the housekeeping staff and tell them about what I would like them to do for our room( number of towels needed, extra garbage bags for Titus' diaper etc.) Leave the room
with Titus while they are cleanig. Walk in and around the hotel for while. Come back and find TItus' favorite sports on TV. Run down to check the laundry.
Make Titius lunch and feed them.( Since there is no microwave in this hotel, I run dowm to our RV to heat up his lunch.) Eat my lunch. Check the laundrey again.
Because we for got to get ice for our ice chest in the RV, I run down to bring some ice again.( RV is parked without power.) Run back again and check on Titus.
Since I cannot leave TItus for long time by himself, I had to make two trips to the RV to bring our dirty dishes up to our room to clean. Bring all the clean dishes back to
the RV.(Two trips) Run back up to check on Titus and go back down to the laundry room to finish the laundry. ......Are you still with me, or did you start sweating just by reading?
( Remember it was over 90 degree with humidity.) Anyways, before the rest of the gang came back I have changed another soiled diaper, made at least six trips to
the RV to get rice cooker, crockpot, sewing machine, cooking utencils, food etc., baked a cake for the first time using a rice cooker, cooked rice, made baked
potatoes in the crockpot, fed Titus, changed Titus again, changed the channels to keep Titus happy, and sewed a button back onto Victor's pants.
Being brought up in Osaka, Japan where people have to learn to use stairs constantly ( for subways and trains), I believe that going up and down stairs is one of
the best ways to keep you healthy and get your body in good shape. So I got a good exercise yesterday even though it may not be as much as the rest of the
gang did outside in the hot weather. ( I felt a bit guilty being able to enjoy the air-conditioned room between running stairs.) Thank you all of you for your
hard work!
Everybody came back around 9:30. I made Sushi rice with Tuna( canned, with mayo). After dinner was our usual bedtime routine...shower, brushing teeth and prayer.
I got Titus ready for bed. After he fell a sleep, I fixed a couple of buttons of James' show vest, took a shower and went to bed. Thank you, Father, for
another blessed day! ( And thank you very much, our housekeeping staff!)

No comments: