Thursday, June 2, 2011

In Michigan

OK, so the drive was nothing....90 minutes to get to Flint, MI where we are staying and another 10 minutes to Swartz Creek, MI for the festival. The weather was outstanding today. And I like the feel of Michigan. Seems a bit slow paced where we are and I like that.
Swartz Creek is small and it seems everyone and every business and church gets involved with this event. Tonight was kick off night so the fam strolled around, Jim in stilts, Cynthia the clown, Lukas the Penguin, Victor with Belle, Me as the wandering Green tophatted magician. Nick took pictures which I will post tomorrow.
Our venue is a large 40X60 tent. We will see how things set up tomorrow.
Our boss, Larry, is a great guy and totally a kid at heart.
I met a state senator who was very nice as well. I also met the top man for the MAFE (Michigan Assoc. of Fairs and Expos) Ed Brown, a very nice man.
In fact, I have to say every one we met has been very nice.
It's late and I will have more time to post pictures and tell more stories tomorrow.
Good night.


No comments: