Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Drama of it all



Ok, so it should just be a simple tour. Drive a lot, do a show, visit friends and relatives along the way. Why must there be drama? Because if there weren't then all the days on the road would blur into one big blob of the same ole thing.
Today the heat wave in this area of the country continued and it got HOT. And we must not forget the humidity. To be honest I was a bit more used to it today. Not lovin' it but tolerating it better. Not as tired from it.
maybe sleeping in until 10am helped. It wasn't really sleeping in because being in the RV I woke up every time a noisy car, a bus, or whatever passed by. So I probably got just eight hours when it all evens out. Still I think it was that that made me better able to handle it today.
We went to Costco to do some shopping, the whole lot of us. We had lunch there too. We must have looked like we were having our own little party with three big pizzas, drinks and a couple of Polish dogs.
We also took Amelia and Olivia to have their hair cut today. Not a drastic cut just a trim to keep them looking professional. With CC back taking care of their hair before each performance it is pretty nice now.
The big boys spent the day working with the sound system for the show. Not quite sure what they did but they also reorganized the sound cases and boxes. Even found an important light bulb for one of our show lights. That reminded me to order some more (did it).
Ok, so you are asking where is the drama:
Well, a police man came to the door and said someone had complained about our Rv and trailers on the street. The streets here are quite narrow, but cars can easily pass. Still someone in the area (we are guessing the school bus driver) didn't like it. I am not accusing him. But we all sat around trying to figure it out and he seems to be our number one suspect. The cop says as long as we move the vehicles one foot each day we will meet city ordinances so we will. To be nice we also moved the two trailers to the church we will perform at this Friday. So that leaves just the RV. After getting back from that the drama thickened as all the lights in the neighborhood went out. A huge block of this town went dark and we are in it. Fortunate for us we have the RV, it's generator and it's AC. We also have a second generator in one of the trailers so we went and got that and plugged it into the refrigerators and freezers in the house. We will see if we can get the AC in the house on it tomorrow.
Right now I think our little 29 foot RV is the envy of the street. I am thankful because it give Titus a comfortable place to sleep. Last night he apparently snored and kept the big boys up in the house very late. Been there and I understand their frustration. It is hard having a disabled son, especially in situations like this or in a hundred or thousand other situations that things can't or won't go the way you want because you have a 13 year old with the muscle ability of a newborn. Mami is amazing at handling it. Sadly I get frustrated too easy. Mostly because I have a tumor in my spinal cord that has lead to permanent nerve damage and I have back spasms so often. As a result I can't help out as much as I would like to . I can't wrestle with him or the little kids either. But those are the cards I've been dealt.
Some of the others get frustrated with Titus too, my own kids included. Maybe God put all of us in this position to learn patience, to care for those less able to care for themselves, to think less of ourselves and more of others, I don't know, but God does.
Oh, I almost forgot I also visited a costume store in town with the girls (cousin Jessica too). We will take the big kids back tomorrow so we can start developing a clown persona for Lukas.
Also got to talk with the VP of a very important Amusement park chain today. And working on another fair in TN for August....big maybe.
Now wasn't that better than just reporting that it was hot today?
Please keep us in your prayers and we will likewise keep you in ours. If you have a prayer request let me know.

No comments: