Thursday, June 30, 2011

History and History----Kentucky Style


After weatherizing the stage at the fairgrounds this morning (Nick came down and he, Victor Jr and I did the deed) we went back to the hotel announced to all we had tours of historic places today. While they readied themselves Nick and I went to the Shoe Barn, right in front of the hotel and I bought my first pair of Nikes. 25 years of Reebok has ended. Though my Reeboks are young the storms in WI and MI and along the route to KY and in TN made them old fast. So I now have work shows and new shoes.
We all loaded into the van, all 12 of us, and headed down the roads about 15 miles to the capitol of Kentucky and it's state house.
We've been to a few state houses and I think I like this one best. It was really very pretty and very clean. Quiet too. No protesters around.
The art and architecture is really impressive. in one of the pix below I have the kids standing in the Supreme Court room. All South American Mahogany and unattainable today. There is a statue of Lincoln in the middle of the rotunda, since he was born in KY, and one of Jefferson Davis, likewise born here. Below is a pix of Amy, myself and Mr. Davis....since we were all born on June 3rd. Just like Tony Curtis and Dennis Forel.










Lukas posed and let me take a pix of his poison Ivy.


















































I don't know the man with the cool chops...but aren't they cool chops. A past Supreme court judge, I think.
\













After the capitol we ran out to the Wild Turkey Distillery again. Last time we had no time for a tour. They accommodated Titus and no one was bothered that we had kids along....only they could not come in the tasting room. Mami, Midori, Jim and I went in there....and Jim actually tried bourbon. Mami tried a bourbon-honey liqueur.
The kids learned about the history of Bourbon and Whiskey in the US. and the chemistry of how it is made. "It smells like bread in here", Amelia said. We explained how yeast is used to make it and bread.

At the show we had two awesome crowds again. Our clients are VERY pleased.
I started work on the new platform for our Bamboo illusion...a little.
Nothing special beyond that. Mami and Titus stayed at the hotel today.
Mild night in Kentucky tonight.

No comments: