Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rain and Rocks and Really Good Audiences









I can't say the weather this season hasn't been weird. We started off yesterday driving from Ohio to TN with nothing but perfect late spring weather. Today, the threat of rain. And it meant it...who ever threatens with rain, that is. Because a nice thunderstorm cell passed right through Clarksville. The boys had to stop setting up (some of the props, including the BMT, are big and aluminum.....lightening attracters.
It never got hot and even though it was 92% humidity it never really felt humid.
Since I am not allowed to do set up I ran around town doing the need-to-do list (dump the RV Black Water, add LP gas, buy extension cord, food shopping, etc. ) It is a rule that if weather or performing situations are tough we leave Mami and Titus at the hotel...today was suck a day.
Ok that was the rain part.
The rock part. Our stage is on a freshly graveled area. Good for rain because you don't get that mud in the RV or on the props like in Wisconsin. But big sized gravel, even with the most comfortable shoe gets hard on the feet eventually. I am thankful for the nice location the fair has given us.
I drew first blood with Italian Ice. I made a deal with the vendor to give away one free cup of his ice and he will provide us with some if we want it. It's fun giving away gifts to the crowd so I was happy to make the deal. He is a friendly man so why not? Like wise the vendor next to us who sells all kinds of things gave the little ones light up pacifier toys. He wanted us to promote his booth as well and in exchange he promises to spoil my kids. I don't want the spoiling part but I am happy to promote his booth and he likewise wants us to give away one of his toys at each show.


Everyone nailed their acts today and every audience was great. We are being received very well.

The kids submitted some pictures for the blog....and at the bottom you will see the Anti- Monkey Butt stickers on the vehicles are really getting attention. These guys were taking pictures of the decals so I gave them samples.

No comments: