Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hot as ....... today's blog by several of us.


Here is something new. Today's blog was written and photographed by others in the crew and cast not by me. I hope to do more of this enjoy!

Cynthia's Report:

Saturday June 4, 2011

This morning started off like most mornings. It started with breakfast, then prettifying oneself, then hopping into the van and then off to the fair. Once at the fair Amy practiced her hula-hoop routine, Victor practiced the tight-rope, Olivia and Midori on the lyra, Nick on the trapeze, and James rewrapping the lyras. It was really humid today and that made practicing even harder, especially for the girls. We had four shows today. The day seemed to go by pretty fast, even though there were more shows than normal. The audiences were not really big or small; they were just kind of there. Midori did the lyra really well in the shows and Nick did a great job with the trapeze. The nubies are doing awesomely. Let’s see, I had a PB&J for lunch and Ramen for dinner. You gotta love the show life food. So glamorous. Nothing really special today. Just another day on tour. I may be only my second day of shows for the tour, but I just slipped right back into the normal routine. Last day in Michigan tomorrow. Hopefully the heat and humidity will take a day off tomorrow so we won’t be so sticky. We shall see…





These two photos are by me:
Impaled with Midori...first time this tour.
















































You have to brush the chalk off somewhere...right before going on the trapeze.

Nick's
Report:
Humidity was the culprit behind an interesting day of shows. Three out of
four turned into a free-for-all that included Victor swinging gracefully on
the lyra, Jim jumping through hoops, and Belle's
refusal to perform without
Cynthia present. Audience participation was brought to a new level in
preshow when a man from the audience attempted the lyra.
(these 4 pictures by
Nick.


































































Jim's Report:
6/4/11
It was rather hot and humid today unlike any other day that we have had thus far on tour. Humidity is a rather cruel mistress and I am convinced that halfway through the day the entire cast and crew were suffering from mild forms of heat crazy. Take for example the second and third shows of the day. It was a free for all, especially for me. I essentially ad libbed a bunch of random gags and silly actions in order to just have some fun and maybe even make that audience laugh a little. In one instance I was leaping through a hoop that was placed 2.5-3 ft off the ground in my father's hand. Its a bit of a tumbling bit that I was doing except I missed aim on the landing and launched my feet into the fire eating box, sending fuel every which way. But in short, in a combination of flippantly hanging from the lira, diving through hoops, wiggling my hip, kissing the audience, winking, laughing, and random actions we made today a memorable silly fun time.





The images below were taken By Amelia with her camera...she's still learning to work it.





No comments: