Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bunnies and Robot

Sunny and warm in Toledo today. The big boys helped Cousin Jay move some big furniture from storage into their new home and later in the eve the little ones went to Vacation Bible School with their cousin.
Mami and I had a swim today...that is after I got office work done.
I found on line a family selling Flemish Giants...you know the ones that get real Big. We weregoing to get one that looked exactly like the one that died on us recently But on the way to the car it struggled with me too much and went so far as to pee on me. So instead we were given a deal and took two sibling bunnies...black.  Our first Black Flemish Giants.
They will grow up to 25lbs. (we got the bunnies from Max Newcomer and siblings in Whitehouse, Oh....they also have ball pythons, and sulcata tortoises...419-705-2258)

We also worked on the robot a bit today adding more lights and music.  Here it is laid out in pieces:
Miles usually does the mascots but Nick is interested in doing the robot too and the base suit that goes under the hardware has to be rigged specifically for the wearer so tomorrow we fit one up for Nick.

I am proud how well behaved my kids have been and how helpful they have been to the cousins.  I am also thankful for the hospitality of my cousins for opening their home to us.  While they went off to get the big furniture using my van and the small show trailer they even lent me their very cool car to tool around in (post office, cleaners, Walmart, Radio Shack, McDonald's, etc.) I forgot how close to the ground non-vans are. It was fun. and what a great turning radius.

I met their neighbor and had lots of great fun talking about edible plants (my hobby).

But in the back of my mind all day was Donnie, my late friend: his services were held today.
Keep his son, Brett and his family in your prayers. 

Billiards and pool have been popular here.  The kids are getting to be regular pool sharks.

Besides the puppies getting baths that pretty much made up the day. PTL for a safe and quiet day.

No comments: