Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lots of Little stuff

A week off can seem really long. Even when you are with people you love. Today we did a lot of little things.
I taught my cousin Jay how to ride a Penny Farthing:
 Me on the big bike.....that's Jay's house in the background. A few neighborhood kids asked about it as they walked by.
 Jay gives it a whirl....I wish I had a teacher when I did it.  Maybe i wouldn't have this tendinitis today?
Ride Jay Ride.

Early in the day the kids took Titus into the pool...


I took the girls thrifting. Olivia, in particular, needed some clothes and we find the thrift stores are the best. Great prices and often great quality.  I even found a nice sports jacket. I also found this cool hat at a costume shop around the corner from the thrift store:
Cynthia's glasses and my goofy smile makes the look complete.  

The rest of the day was spent with me wiring some cool lights into the robot.
Everyone taking turns at pool. (Billiards)
The dogs chasing each other (The cousins have a cute dog named Barkly...for obvious reasons.)
The girls tried to hold the big new bunnies but one got away and wanted to run around so they forgot about the other one to chase it so we had two rabbits loose for a while....what fun. 
A few of us went to some friends we made here last year's house for dinner.
The little ones went to VBS again and learn about God while doing fun activities. 
Cynthia and Miles finally got the time in and got up early enough to get a run in this morning.  
The weather has been mostly nice but a shower or two have popped up a couple of times...in fact, as I write this. 
There are a few little things I would love to write about and will someday but I have to leave out for now. 
Oh, and thanks for the prayers, I slept much better yesterday. 


No comments: