Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fire Whip Mishap Monkey Butt Day More

First it only reached around 97 or 99 today at the Park. No rain. However, the day started off very humid from yesterday's rain.  Gas shot up 20 cents in one day to $3.25 and our powerful prez doesn't have what it takes to slap Iran down a peg with their threats and war games which is driving the raise. But politics aside we share endure.

I had to get up early to be at the repair shop. The Rv needed new front brakes. 7AM....I went to be around midnight after a very hard yesterday.  But tonight I plan on a deep sleep and good rest.  That is the plan.....

If you took all of our shows today we averaged three quarter full seats and that doesn't count the ones who stop for a few minutes outside our shelter to watch.  Most are on their way to the restrooms, restaurants, or pool but are drawn by the antics we put on.

Amelia introduced a new mentalism stunt where 4 people come on stage, stand behind her and hold up and item.  She correctly names each item with ease. She can do it blindfolded.  In fact, she never sees the people or the item until after the stunt. (Except in her minds eye, right.) No one is using codes or signaling her and I am also behind her so no communication can go on between us.  It is phenomenal.

In the fire-whip routine Miles' whip accidentally wrapped around my forearm a full four rotations, still on fire. Since I work with fire a lot I stayed fairly calm and unwrapped it quickly before the fire stopped burning fuel and started burning me. A few burnt hairs, that's all.


We made today's last show Anti Monkey Butt Powder day.  We always promote AMBP but we made show 3 special.  Mimi and I wore the t-shirts and we talked it up big time. We made sure everyone (adult) left with a sample. We also fed them some knowledge by telling them where they can buy it.


















2 comments:

Megan said...

You are looking younger. Have you lost weight? :)

The Kent Family Magic Circus said...

I've lost about 20lbs since the start of the tour and working on about 14 more. I am also doing what I love. And getting out of California always lifts my spirits. The weather, the people, the travel, the challenges makes life livable and that brings youth to me....but I still feel old and very very tired.