Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Laurel Co Fair : London Day 1


Last night we pulled into London and set up shop at the fairgrounds doing a basic layout with the vehicles. All but Miles, Vic Jr., and I settled into the hotel and the trhee of us slept at the RV.  I love my RV Bed. Best sleep in weeks.

This morning, I awoke to Miles already at work setting up the show.
 The weather was supposed to be raining but we just got drizzles in the early part of the day. That made for an easy set up since we didn't have to try and dodge thunder storms.

I will post pix of the setup tomorrow.

Since it was setup day we spent all of the day setting the show up.  Our area is on a slight hill so shimming stages and finding gravel to fill our gunnies sacks up with were important parts of the day.  The sacks are used to raise the trapeze rig and weigh the feet down. 

We also made doubly sure of our tie-downs this year since last year we lost our RV awning and the whole set was blown down by gale force winds during a thunderstorm.  Metal spike only this year.

All three show played to packed bleachers.  I mean every show had standing or grass sitting room only.  So many new faces and so many old friends were seen today too. I caught up on the local gossip.

I will have more details as the week goes on. for now let's just say it was a good day.

Tonight I am giving Mami a break from all the kids and her and I alone are staying at the RV.   She can awake at her own will and not to the sound of a whine or cry.
 Van turns 110,000 while driving from BG to London.











No comments: